look low and weight loss 5%

dear Dr. well i have had semi solid stool dark in colour and some time light too. well i just feel low at times but my weight is stagnant at 58 kg i was 60 before and my CD4 is 750 and Viral Load 103. 15 days ago All my other reports are normal needed for HIV. could you tell me wats the best i can go for and wat fooding would be best for me.at times i have a lot of gas too. Hope to seek help from. I am 33 in age.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thanks for your follow-up question. Regarding the stools...you should speak to your doctor to check you for infections such as giardia or ameoba which could cause these kinds of stools even with good CD4 counts (I just treated a patient this week with the same). If that is all normal than taking calcium can help or more "binding" such as bananas, rice, apple, toast.

Best, Joe

CD4 count
9 years - same meds?