Isentress

I am currently on truvada and isentress. I am just wondering how strict I have to be with the isentress. Since I am a student, my morning dose usually fluctuates between 9-12, and I usually take my 2nd pill around dinner (6-7). However, this makes it so between my 2nd and the next dose in the morning, there are sometimes a gap of 18 hours between dosing. Can this regimen have the potential to develop resistance in the future if I dont make the isentress doses more even?

Thank you

Hello and thanks for your post.

The dosing of raltegravir probably does not need to be particularly strict. There are ongoing investigations to define if the medication can be dosed once-daily; this would seem to imply that the timing of the medication isn't critical, so long as the correct total daily dose (800 mg) is taken.

I hope this helps.

BY

P.E.P. with Kaletra
Atripla missed a day