Apr 16, 2010
Hello Doctors, I have read a lot about specific micronutrients which are important for HIV patients, but which are the most reall USED supplements (multivitamins, steroids, etc..)among HIV patients? Thanks in advance!
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
I don't recommend micronutrients, per se, to my patients. In the US, the relative benefit is small; the evidence-based literature showing benefit just isn't there (this will no doubt anger many). Rather, I suggest that those who are interested in their nutrition get their nutrients (micro- or macro) from a balanced diet, rich in fruits, fiber, moderate in exercise, low(er) in fats and absent of tobacco.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Likely Is It To Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Risks Of Contracting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Erotic Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling Lips After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.