ok to switch
Apr 10, 2010
I have been u/d for 10 years, except for a couple small blips. My doctor wants me to switch to atripla. 4 years ago I missed 7 days of my epivir, had a small blip to 80 and have been u/d since. I take sustiva and videx ec with my epivir. Do you think I could have developed resistance, and what effect if any would it have on taking atripla
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Your proposed switch should be fine. The presence of previous blips (if truly blips, followed by return to undetectable levels) don't predict the presence of drug resistance.
I hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Burning Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Fever After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.