ok to switch

I have been u/d for 10 years, except for a couple small blips. My doctor wants me to switch to atripla. 4 years ago I missed 7 days of my epivir, had a small blip to 80 and have been u/d since. I take sustiva and videx ec with my epivir. Do you think I could have developed resistance, and what effect if any would it have on taking atripla

Hello and thanks for your post.

Your proposed switch should be fine. The presence of previous blips (if truly blips, followed by return to undetectable levels) don't predict the presence of drug resistance.

The regimen switch to Atripla has been studied and published: BMS Study 073.

I hope this helps.

BY

Timing of Kaletra/Truvada
HIV Specialists in Durban, South Africa