|ok to switch
Apr 10, 2010
I have been u/d for 10 years, except for a couple small blips. My doctor wants me to switch to atripla. 4 years ago I missed 7 days of my epivir, had a small blip to 80 and have been u/d since. I take sustiva and videx ec with my epivir. Do you think I could have developed resistance, and what effect if any would it have on taking atripla
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Your proposed switch should be fine. The presence of previous blips (if truly blips, followed by return to undetectable levels) don't predict the presence of drug resistance.
I hope this helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is Log In A Hcv Viral Load Test?
- Can You Get Hiv From Fingering With A Small Scab?
- Does Everyone Exposed To Hiv Get Infected?
- How Many Time Does It Take To Have Sex With A Person Hiv Positive For You To Get It?
- How Well Am I Protected From Hiv If I Use A Condom?
- I Am Pregnant And Scared To Get Hiv Results
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.