|Timing of Kaletra/Truvada
Apr 10, 2010
I don't always take Kaletra at the same time. Sometimes at 7am, then at 8pm, or 8am and 7pm (variation can be one to two hours). Today, I forgot to take my morning Kaletra dose and took it three hours late (at 9am instead of 7am).
Will this affect Kaletra's efficacy? I read an earlier post that a one-hour variation won't affect it, but what about two or three hours?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
A couple of hours either way would be fine and really doesn't jeopardize the effectiveness of your medications.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- When You Have A Herpes Outbreak Do You Get A Sore Throat?
- What's The Difference Between Gonorrhea And Chlamydia?
- What Is The Most Common Medication Prescribed For Gonorrhea?
- What Do I Do When My Shingles Scab Over?
- What Are The Chances Of Passing Chlamydia With A Condom?
- Topical Cream To Soothe Genital Herpes Outbreak
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.