Stocrin and combivir as pep

Hi Doc

I had a sexual encounter with a sex worker 4 days ago and the condom broke.I only realised after i had ejaculated in her after which i immediately washed my self with soap and water. I then went to a doctor who prescribed Combivir and only when i mentioned that i might have had blood slightly mixed with the females discharge then only she added Stocrin as well for the pep medication. I had taken my first pep dose of medication within 2.5 hrs of intercourse.

It was recommended that i take 2 weeks of stocrin once a day with 2 combivir per day for 28 days.

I am on my 5th day and i cannot manage taking the Stocrin as the side effects are taking a toll on me.Would it be fine if i just continue with the Combivir.

Hello and thanks for your PEP question.

It's probably fine to take only the Combivir for PEP at this point- much depends the absolute risk of your exposure, but the risk to an insertive partner from a person of unknown HIV status is generally low enough that some PEP treatment protocols only treat with two NRTI drugs (like Combivir or Truvada).

This doesn't minimize the need to get routine clinic follow up, but hopefully won't change your outcome.

Best of luck to you, BY

Please answer im very confused..Pep cured symptoms
MRSA & Treatment