Please answer im very confused..Pep cured symptoms

Hello Dr.

This is not a regular am I infected question. I had a high risk exposure where I was infected with clamydia. 4 weeks later swollen nodes rash on chest and torso burning white tongue with ulcers. Now I tested negative at 3 and 6 months and a pcr at 10 weeks. !t 7 months I still had all these symptoms. So I went to an urgent care and told them I was exposed to hiv the day before and I need pep. They gave me pep and 3 weeks into pep the symptoms subsided and lymphs in armpit and neck went down. Now why are my tests negative but the pep resolved my symptoms.

Thanks alot

Let's see, you took PEP for 3 weeks and had symptoms improve. This doesn't mean that the PEP treated HIV, it could mean that whatever caused the symptoms simply resolved after three weeks (as would typically be the case with HIV in the absence of PEP).

If your tests are negative so far, I'd call that a good thing, no matter what's happened with your symptoms.

I'd certainly recommend continuing to get your routine lab monitoring.

Be well, BY

TRUVADA / PEP
Stocrin and combivir as pep