Crestor and Prezista/Epzicom

Thanks for all the time you take to answer our questions.

I have a great doctor but just thought I'd get a second opinion. My doc prescribed Crestor for high cholesterol and triglyceriedes, and I read that it had interactions with Prezista. I'm currently taking Prezista, Epzicom, and Norvir for first line treatment (diagnosed 9/2009).

I'm wondering how severe the interactions are between Crestor and my other drugs and if I should take Crestor at a different time of day than the others.

Thanks again.

Hello and thanks for your post.

Understanding of possible drug interactions is an important topic. I think that your doctor's doing ok here. Crestor has a potential to have interactions with the protease inhibitors, ritonavir (Norvir) and darunavir (Prezista), though so long as you start on a lower dose of Crestor and are monitored for symptoms or findings of toxicity, the combination is ok.

We actually use the very regimens (and lipid-lowering medications) that your doctor has prescribed for you.

I hope this helps. Be well, BY

Viral loads and mental health issues
Dental Work Not on Meds