|Viral loads and mental health issues
Apr 2, 2010
I recently had an intake with a psychiatrist who claimed that a high viral load count can cause mental health issues. I mentioned this to my regular dr. and he was not aware of this. Was I being fed a line by the psych so she could just write me more prescriptions or is this a fact? Also, if this is true, why wouldn't my regular dr. know of this.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
I'm not aware of any data that links high HIV viral loads with psychiatric problems. That's not to say that having HIV won't add significant stress, or add to the mental health stress of someone who already had psychiatric illness.
I hope this helps. BY
Crestor and Prezista/Epzicom
- Is Dry Cough A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- How Do You Get Rid Of A Vaginal Staph Infection?
- How Much Damage Does Chlamydia Cause At 6 Months?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.