alternative to Isentress

I am currently on a regime of Sustiva and Combivir. My viral load is undetectable and CD4 count is around 600; however, triglyceride level has gone through the roof! My doctor has suggested that I switch to Isentress because it will assist with lowering my triglyceride level; but my insurance does not currently cover Isentress. What do you suggest, as an alternative to Isentress, that will assist in lowering my triglyceride level?

Hello and thank you for your post.

Before making changes to your regimen, it would be worth making sure that the triglyceride increase is confirmed (ie., was the test performed under optimal circumstances and fasting, have there been changes to your diet) What are your other cardiovascular risk factors?

I'm surprised to hear that raltegravir (Isentress) is not covered by your insurance. Is it that it is a higher copayment or not covered at all? This seems highly unusual for the US and worthy of a discussion with your local ASO or case manager.

BY

when to take Atripla?
ABNORMAL LFT