Atripla Rash

I have been taking atripla for about 3 weeks now and yesterday broke out in a very severe rash, covering my entire body...My doc took me off the meds today and told me for 2 weeks to just take a steroid, is it a good idea and how long does this rash last

Hello and thanks for your post.

Rash is a characteristic adverse effect of efavirenz (part of Atripla). Rarely (~2% of patients) is the rash significant enough to justify (as was yours) to discontinue the medications.

In the short term, the steroid is fine to take and might decrease the severity and duration of things. In severe cases like yours, it could take upwards of a week for things to get back to normal.

I hope this helps, and that the rash resolves quickly.

BY

Is Vicodin immune suppressing?
Increased triglycerides