Mar 30, 2010
I have been taking atripla for about 3 weeks now and yesterday broke out in a very severe rash, covering my entire body...My doc took me off the meds today and told me for 2 weeks to just take a steroid, is it a good idea and how long does this rash last
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
In the short term, the steroid is fine to take and might decrease the severity and duration of things. In severe cases like yours, it could take upwards of a week for things to get back to normal.
I hope this helps, and that the rash resolves quickly.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Spit Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Oral Sex On A Woman Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Giving A Bj Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Getting Head Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.