|Is Vicodin immune suppressing?
Mar 30, 2010
I am having some leg muscle pains and I have an old prescription laying around of Vicodin 750mg. I've heard conflicting reports about whether or not it suppresses the immune system or not. I just wanted to check to make sure.
| Response from Dr. Young
In usual doses Vicodin is not immune suppressing; the real issue is using an old prescription that may be out of date or for pain that might otherwise deserve medical attention.
If you were my patient, I wouldn't be reaching for a narcotic as a first-line treatment for muscle aches. I'd recommend having a chat with your health care provider first.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Having Sex During Period
- Touching Scratch On Skin How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Risk Of Getting HIV
- Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Scared I Have AIDS
- What Are The Chances Of Getting AIDS From Barebacking?
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Rubbing Penis?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.