How soon can I take Kaletra?
Mar 27, 2010
I was prescribed the Kaletra/Truvada regimen. I got it 15 hours after exposure. I took Truvada for first time today at 2pm. Can I take Kaletra an hour or two after that? (3 or 4PM). I want to get it in my body before the 24 hour "after exposure" mark. Please please advise.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
The Truvada and Kaletra can be taken together (or apart). There's no need to separate the doses, particularly for PEP when I'd recommend getting the full doses of all medications in your system as soon as possible.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dry Mouth A Sign Of HIV?
- Coated Tongue After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.