Recently Diagnosed not on Med.. yet..

I was Recently Diagnosed HIV+ a few days ago i saw the doctor and told me my Vital load was 63... and my T-cell 482 despite the HIV i don't have any other ill my question is what are the chances of taking ATRIPLA (when the time comes)since is only one a day?

Hello and thanks for your post.

The choice of medications depends on many factors; Atripla is one of the most commonly prescribed treatments and is one of several once-daily, first-line options.

Whether Atripla is correct for you depends on several factors- for example, does your virus harbor resistance to any of the drugs? About 8-10% of newly diagnosed patients has Atripla resistance; Do you have active kidney disease or osteoporosis? In our clinic, if these were issues, we'd be looking at alternative treatments.

Lastly (for now), if your CD4 count is below 500 (and confirmed), I'd be recommending starting on HIV treatments in the near future.

I hope this helps, BY

Traveling outside of the US?
returning to therpay