Have you had patients you had to biopsy to find HIV?
Mar 19, 2010
Have you ever had patients that tested antibody and PCR and bDNA negative, but still didn't feel right and ended up testing positive from a tissue sample rather than those tests? Is ImmunoFlourescent screening better than other tests?
Response from Dr. McGowan
No there have been no patients that have been diagnosed only by biopsy. Even "elite controllers" with undetectable viral loads will have anitibodies since it is their immune systems that keep the virus in check.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Condom Inside Out
- Should I Get Tested After Giving Handjob?
- What Is The Risk Of Masturbation?
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Genital Herpes If I Used A Condom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.