For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

Potential Risk with + Partner

On Tuesday, I had unprotected anal sex with someone whom I later found out is HIV +. I was the insertive (top) partner. I am currently panicked, and wondered if you guys had any advice for me. I am fearing that it is too late for the PEP treatment, as my exposure was over 72 hours ago. Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Hello and thanks for your post.

If your exposure was more than 72 hours ago, unfortunately, there's no benefit from PEP.

Nevertheless, it might not be a bad idea to have a medical evaluation, since there is more to unprotected risk than just HIV-- namely syphilis, gonorrhea or hepatitis, to name a few. Also, getting follow up HIV testing would be recommended.

I hope this helps and wish you well, BY

Best time to take Truvada with Isentress part#3