9 months now Dr. Joe

Hi Dr. Joe, It's me again. Just to remind you of my situation. I had unprotected sex with a guy of unknown HIV status 9 months ago. Since then, I've done the HIV DNA by PCR test twice and HIV 1 and Elisa 2 negative, and my last antibody test at 9 months came back negative. I never took PEP.

My concern is that 4 months ago I saw him again, and we kissed. We kissed 4 times lasting each kiss about 50 sec with open mouth and tongue. I had VERY cracked lips, they hurt at the time and were almost bleeding.

Dr. Joe, am I really negative? Or, do you think i should wait the 6 months after the kiss to be 100% sure?

Please advice me Dr. Joe. And thank you again for your help. I dont know what i'd have done without your advices each time i wrote you.

Response from Dr. McGowan

You are negative. No need for further testing from these contacts. Go ahead, take care of yourself and practice safe sex going forward.

Best, Joe

why the same lab contains different cut off OD's for the elisa.
low CD4 and second regimen