Atripla

Hello Doctor! After 8 days taking Atripla I started having a mild rash in my arms and legs, it feels a littler better, and no itchying after taking benadryl (every 6 hours. I've read there is no reason to stop using my med unless it get worst or cover eyes and face? it is that right?, which will be the indication for me to stop? or is going to desappeare in couple more days?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Mild rash can occur in persons taking efavirenz (part of Atripla, otherwise known as Sustiva, Stocrin). Since your rash seems mild and decreasing, it's very likely that you won't need to stop medication. Further, it's typical that your rash should entirely resolve, without the need for long-term Benadryl.

Should the rash worsen, be associated with skin or oral blistering, shortness of breath or high fever, then contact your doctor right away.

I hope this helps and wish you well.

BY

Do I have to have a brain biopsy done?
Best time to take Truvada with Isentress part#2