Mar 5, 2010
I have a low CD count less, and have been on Atripla for a month. I had 5 KS marks when I started but these have increased to about 10. My doctor said they should be getting less as my CD4 count improves. Is something going wrong?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
It's unlikely that there's anything wrong. It's actually not too unusual to see a few new KS lesions in the first month or two after starting on HIV medications. Overall, the lesions should begin to shrink and decrease in pigmentation.
Stay in touch and be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Scrotum After Vaginal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Purple Spots After Genital Rubbing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.