Stocrin/Truvada..constant nausea/vomiting!!

Hi there..My girlfriend has been taking Stocrin/Truvada for 4 weeks now and still has constant nausea and vomiting.. mind you she has always had a delicate stomach.. So is the normal or should i see her doctor about changing her meds.. Also she only weighs 40 kg and was wondering if maybe the medication was too strong for her.. Any advice would be welcome.. God bless

Hello and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear that your GF isn't doing so well on her HIV medications. Neither Stocrin nor Truvada are commonly associated with serious nausea or vomiting. Nevertheless, constant symptoms like these are unacceptable and unless a ready alternative explanation is found, implicates that the medications are the cause.

Her doctor will likely suggest an alternative regimen; but I'd suggest that she (or you) contact her doctor and discuss the severity of the side effects.

Best to both of you, BY

Ast and Alt level
Do I have to have a brain biopsy done?