Vomited after taking my meds.

Dear Doctor, I commenced taking Atripla in late December 2009. I usually take it at arouns 10p.m. Last night I took it at the usual time but as I had a slightly upset tummy, I threw up at about half past midnight. That is 2 and a half hours later. I didn't take another tablet as I didn't want to risk increased side effects, however, I'm worried today that this might amount to a missed dose which would be very disappointing so early in my treatment. My question is, after 2 and half hours in my system should i have taken a replacement tablet, and as I did not, will this have an impact on the effectiveness of future doses? I'd like to know for future reference. Thank you.

Hello and thank you for your post.

This is a common question--typically, most medicines are absorbed into the system within 15-30 minutes after taking pills.

If you threw up 2 or more hours after taking your medicines (unless you actually saw the pills in the vomit), there's no reason to worry about whether you got the medicines in your system or whether you need to retake the medications.

I hope this helps and wish you well, BY

i want understand my case
Side Effects