life of HIV
Feb 25, 2010
if the human nails scratches the HIV+ person what is the exact life of HIV virus on the nails.
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks for the question.
HIV does not survive well outside of the body. If there were blood on the nails after a scratch, once that blood is dried any virus in it would not be able to survive. So certainly after a few hours there would essentially be no risk of contracting HIV by getting scratched.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Purple Spots Could I Have AIDS
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Burning Penis After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- List Of Sexually Transmitted Infections Does Doxycycline Monohydrate Treat
- At What Stages Of HIV Does Peripheral Neuropathy Occur
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.