cd4 and vl

i was diagnised llast october with a vira load of 155 000 and a cd4 count of 175 started medication straight away now my viral load has gone down to 125,000 and cd4 up to 190 what does this mean then

Hello and thank you for your post.

Your labs indicate that you have a quite low level of immune function, meeting an AIDS definition; you also have a relatively high viral load (usually defined as greater than 100,000). The changes in your values from the first to the second are within the typical variability of the tests and each set corroborate the earlier assessment.

You and your health care providers should be moving towards initiation of antiretroviral treatments.

I wish you well, BY

Cd4 count drop
life of HIV