|Cd4 count drop
Feb 25, 2010
Hi Doc my cd4 count droped a little after having surgery. I had my appendic removed. Do you think that played a role in the decrease. I wasnt able to take my meds for about a day doing that time also.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
If your CD4 count was tested within a few days (or week) of your surgery and appendicitis, it would not be surprising that your counts might have been affected.
I don't think that a single missed day would have much of an impact.
Hope this helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Have Unprotected Sex With Someone Who Has Hiv But An Undetectable Virus Load?
- What Do The White Patches On Your Tongue Mean When You Have Hiv?
- Will The Doctor Call You If Your Hiv Test Results Are Positive?
- How Long Do Hiv Blood Tests Take?
- Astragalus Treatment Of Hepatitis
- Is 8 Week Hiv Test Conclusive?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.