Feb 17, 2010
is 281 cd4 count is low? my husband is not taking no medications at all! how fast can his cd4 can drop if he is not taking care of hisself?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
A CD4 count of 280 is below normal and if confirmed, meets international criteria for starting on HIV medications. The rate of CD4 loss depends on many characteristics, primarily on one's HIV viral load; the problem with trying to predict CD4 decline is that it's just a prediction. Periodic lab testing is the only way to be certain about one's actual CD4 level.
I hope this helps and wish your husband well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Touching Spit Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.