PEP + Pierced Condom

Greetings Doc. I had sex with a prostitute at early hours of the morning with a condom. The following day, i found the condom and filled it up with water. I noticed a leak at the bottom of the condom. I went to the nearest hospital (about 34hours later) where they gave me combivir to be taken for 28days. I am currently on my 2nd day of combivir, getting nauseous and tired. What are the risks in this condition? I cannot find the girl so that i can get her tested.

Regards.

Nausea and fatigue are not uncommon side effects of Combivir. Usually, these are not medically serious, though can really make completing the 28 day course of PEP difficult.

Usually, the nausea is improved if the Combivir is taken with food in the stomach. If the symptoms are serious, be sure to notify your health care provider.

Be well and good luck, BY

Change in nail colour
severe weight loss due to hiv