end stage hiv symptoms
Feb 2, 2010
Is it possible to progress to late stage hiv symptom stage within a yr of infection. ie: thrush, parathesia, sinus infections...
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for your post.
Let's be clear here. Neither thrush nor sinusitis are end-stage HIV/AIDS symptoms. They can occur in persons who don't have HIV, persons with recent or late-stage HIV.
That said, a small proportion of persons infected with HIV do progress rapidly to AIDS complications-- rarely within a year.
Hope that helps.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Touching Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis C From Sharing A Pipe?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- Oral Thrush Contagious Through Kissing
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.