Can i go off my meds?

When i was diagnosed with HIV my Viral load was 55 000 and my CD4 count was 695. My DR immediately put me on a cocktail of Stocrin, Videx and Zerit. Fortunately for me my only side effect was a rash. I have been on the meds for 4 years now and i also have been going for Vitamin C and Hydrogen peroxide drips as well. My Viral load currently is undectable and my CD4 count is sitting at 1980. Would this be a good time to go off my meds or should i just continue the way i am?

What? You want to stop successful (and quite possibly life-saving) treatment, but take unproven (if not dangerous) and very expensive vitamin C and hydrogen peroxide IVs?

I generally don't recommend that people stop well tolerated HIV treatments- there are substantial evidence (from the SMART clinical study and others) that discontinuation can be associated with increased risks of AIDS- and non-AIDS complications, even death.

I'm also concerned about your combination of d4T (Zerit) and ddI (Videx)- this combination is not generally recommended because of increased risks of peripheral neuropathy and pancreatitis. Is this your first-line treatment regimen? If so, there are many other, safer and better tolerated options.

For now, I'd just continue on your HIV meds and ask your so-called healthcare providers about your current HIV medications and the peer-reviewed evidence that IV vitamin C or hydrogen peroxide offer you any benefit (other than to the bank account of the provider).

BY

1st time on meds // epzicom and Isentress please help #2
treatment in india