JOE YOUR A GREAT HELP TO THE BODY

DOCTOR MC GOWAN I HAVE A QUICK QUESTION FOR YOU. AT THE BEGANNING OF THE YEAR IN JAN. I FELT LIKE I EXPERNICED "ARS" I WENT TO THE DOCTOR AND HAD NO SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES.... HOWEVER ALL THE WAY IN NOV. I HAD ONE LYMPH NODE IN THE MIDDLE PART OF MY NECK SWOLLEN LASTED FOR TWO DAYS MAYBE THREE THEN LEFT. MY QUESTION IS IS IT COMMON FOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NODES TO SKIP PAST THE "ARS" STAGE FOR ALMOST A YEAR BEFORE THEN START TO GET SWOLLEN LIKE THAT??? PLEASE LET ME KNOW JOE I'VE BEEN WORRIED SICK!!!

Response from Dr. McGowan

Swollen lymph nodes could appear at any stage of HIV infection. People may have "persistent, generalized lymphadenopathy", which means swollen lymph nodes all over. What is unusual about your lymph node swelling is that it was only on one side and it went away in a couple of days. That wouldn't make me put HIV at the top of the list. It is more likely a local infection in the mouth or throat, a tooth, a cold sore perhaps.

Best, Joe

PS Thanks for the compliment

Early start of treatment
Dr Bob Beck's cure for AIDS and cancer