Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

will this ever end??
Jan 29, 2010

hi joe! i wonder could you give some sunlight to my life? its been year and 3 months since the night of love i had multiple vaginal and anal episodes all without condom. girls status was unknown. since then ive had have symptoms some of them had persist until today.. like coated tongue,skin problems (mostly in arms and legs),floaters,swollen lymphnodes in groin,joint pains in ankles and wrists,etc. ive had done all std tests. tested positive acute ebv and mycoplasma. tests include 2months hiv duo,syphilis,hep b and c, 3months rapid test for hiv, 8,5months hiv duo all of them were negative. i want to believe my tests but the symptoms keeps bugging me!!! i would be so happy if you could help me..thanks..

Response from Dr. McGowan

Sorry to hear you are unwell. Luckily HIv does not appear to be the cause of your symptoms. They are fairly non-specific. seems that you have had a few things going on such as EBV (mononucleosis) and mycoplasma which could explain some of the constellation of symtoms. You should go to a good GP and have a full check-up. Have them test for auto-immune conditions such as Still's disease amd lupus which may explain some of your joint aches and swellings.

Hope you feel better.

Joe

Previous
rapid tests
Next
Viral Load

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.