Jan 29, 2010
i just exposed to riskfull event...after a longtime of period which i was feeling of many symptoms and signs related to hiv infection i checked my self with rapid test well beyond the widow period around 12 months after exposure and it was negative............is that conclussive to not having hiv?
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Yes, testing negative 1 year after exposure is all you need. The rapid tests are very sensitive, which means if done correctly they should pick up a positive. Go forth and do not worry about that episode, but stay safe.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Elisa
- Can Someone Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Ache In Testicles After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blisters After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Pee After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Ear Infection After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.