What type of meal with Intelence?

I have been on Intelence for about a year along with other meds. Does the meal before taking Intelence need to be a certain composition? I like eating a light salad for dinner. Should I be aware of the calorie/fat content? Dennis

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dennis,

Thanks for your question. Taking Intelence with food increases its absorption from the stomach so that it can get a better blood level to be effective in killing the HIV. The type of meal was not specified in the studies done..patients were instructed to eat when taking the meds. Within an hour of eating is usually best.

Joe

Combivir and Truvada as PEP
rapid tests