|Combivir and Truvada as PEP
Jan 29, 2010
My doctor gave me Combivir (1 daily) and Truvada (2 daily) as PEP regimen. Does it make sense to be taking both medications at the same time, i.e. this more effective, useless or harmfull? Ihave been taking both for a week now and no major side effects
| Response from Dr. Young
Further, I hope that you've mis-typed the dosing-- Combivir is dosed twice daily, Truvada is dosed once daily. I'd contact the prescribing doctor (or a HIV specialist) for further advice.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Worried I Have HIV
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Vaginal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.