sustiva

I stop taking Atripla after being on it for 7 months because of the dreams and anxiety I was having.My doctor started me on Truvada,Viramune. Last night being the first night on new meds ,I woke up many times with thoses vivid dreams . My questions is how long does Sustiva stay in my system after the switch of meds. Thanks Rick

Hello Rick and thanks for your post.

A switch from efavirenz (part of Atripla) to nevirapine should decrease one's side effects- since the efavirenz has a long half life in your system, it could take several days (2-5) for the vivid dreams to completely resolve. As such, your side effects after the first night aren't too surprising (if dissapointing) to me.

I'd certainly let your doctor know if the symptoms don't resolve after a week-- this could indicate that the dreams are not necessarily caused by the HIV medications.

Best of health to you, BY

atripla viral load went up
Ankle operation and HIV