Should I start meds

I tested positive (unconclusive) in Jan 2002 anonymous clinic, they told me to retest with my doc to confirm results as it was not 100% certain due to some issue.

I have been so freaked out since then that i have avoided going back altogether. What are my chances of being positive for the last 8 years and not having any symptoms at all, even when i get colds and flus i fight them off very quick without meds?

Do you think i am really pos?

Hello and thanks for your post.

First, if your first test was inconclusive, then it was inconclusive-- that means that you did not test positive in 2002.

The only way to be sure about your status and to protect your health is to get a second test. There are many people who can remain entirely asymptomatic for years with HIV; your symptoms (or lack thereof) don't provide significant reassurance about your potential HIV status.

Hence, I have no idea (nor should you) if your positive or negative. Just get tested, if your negative, you can end years of feeling stressed out. If your positive, you can begin the process of doing the right things for your health, to protect your future good health for many years to come.

BY

NEUROPATHY
CD4 Count