HIV.drugs...truvada and sustiva
Jan 22, 2010
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for your post.
Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. You should be starting on medications in the near future.
Provided that you do not have transmitted drug resistance or significant kidney disease (or perhaps bone disease-- issues related to tenofovir toxcity), the combination of Truvada (tenofovir+FTC) and Sustiva (efavirenz; otherwise available as Atripla) should be a very potent and well tolerated combination.
Hope this helps. Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Is Hiv Called A Gay Disease?
- Hiv Negative Top With Positive Bottom Bareback
- Can Fluid Buildup Around Eyes And Blurred Vision Be Caused By A Viral Infection Or Hiv?
- How Long Does It Take To Notice Hiv Symptoms After Contact?
- Will Chlamydia Go Away On Its Own?
- What The Chances Of Getting Herpes Without An Outbreak?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.