|ATRIPLA (WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO TAKE IT)
Jan 16, 2010
Doctor, My husband is taking Atripla at 8pm every day and we take food 30 minutes after he takes Atripla. Do you think this is the best time for him? He has been having some stomach upset after he takes the medicines. please advise
| Response from Dr. McGowan
Thanks, the best time to take Atripla is before bed on an empty stomach. Usually 2 hours after eating (or 30 minutes to 1 hour before eating) would be best. Taking the medicine with food can increase the absorption and could cause some nervous system side effects like "dizziness" and vivid dreams.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Take Atripla In The Day Time?
- What Could Cause False Positive Rapid Hiv Test?
- Will Partner Reject Me Because Of Herpes?
- Will Chlamydia Show Up Within 3 Weeks Unprotected Sex?
- Why Am I Breaking Out With Shingles Constantly?
- What If You Took Medicine For Chlamydia And I Still Have Symptoms What Does That Mean?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.