Transmission to son
Jan 16, 2010
I am HIV positive and was playing with my son today ( not biological) and noticed a scratch on side of my hand with skin off and bit red no noticeable blood but I am concerned that son got blood in nails which I notice he had put i his mouth when I notice the scratch. I only notice blood when I squeeze the scratch with a tissue. Should I be concerned.
Response from Dr. McGowan
In order for there to be any chance for transmission there had to be contact with your "body fluids". Since there was no bleeding than just touching (his skin was intact so there can be no blood to blood contact) is essentially none. I would not worry.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can You Catch Hepatitis From Oral Sex?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.