HUGE MISTAKE? UNREFRIGERATED NORVIR.

Joe, I've just found out I've been using unfrigerated Norvir for the last week, that has been sitting at room temperature for 45 days. I am on Truvada and Darunavir. Does this mean I have now developed resistance. Thanks again. Mr Worried.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Dear Mr Worried,

Norvir can usually be left at room temperature for a month (or so), which is the usual time to finish a bottle once in use. The caveat is that the temperature not exceed 77F, so the summer is not a good time to try this. If you have a fresh bottle for this month just switch over to it. If you have been undetectable till now things should be OK because although the potency of the meds may be slightly effected, it will not remove all of its activity.

Best,

Joe

Third Generation Elisa
I put wrong date, does that change your answer?