JOSEPH PLEASE HELP

DOCTOR MCGOWEN, I HAVE A LYPH NODE ON THE SIDE OF MY NECK SHOLLEN AND ITS WORRING THE HELL OUT OF ME.....I HAD A LOW RISK ENCOUNTER IN JAN AND I DID NOT NOICE ANY SHOLLEN NOISES AFTER THAT ENCOUNTER AND NOW ALMOST A YEAR LATER I NOTICED ONE LYMPH NODE ON MY NECK SHOLLEN....I CALLED A HIV HOT LINE AND A NURSE TOLD ME THAT IF ANY THING I WOULD HAVE NOTICED THE SHOLLEN LYMPH NODES RIGHT AFTER THE INFECTION NOT ALL MOST A YEAR LATER WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS???? I HAVE NOT GOT UP THE BALLS YET TO GET TESTED....ALTHOUGH IT WAS VERY LOW RISK (ANAL FINGERING MIGHT HAVE BEEN PRE CUM ON FINGER)NOW THAT IM SEEING THIS SWOLLEN NODE ON THE SIDE OF MY NECK MAKES ME THINK I JUST MIGH HAVE IT......

Response from Dr. McGowan

I agree that your risk from an episode of anal fingering is extremely low. That notwithstanding, it is a good idea for all adults to know their HIV status, so I encourage you to get yourself tested. It will give you peace of mind. The swollen lymph node could be from many things, including a tooth or gum infection.

Best,

Joe

Intelence to the rescue?
Third Generation Elisa