herbal slimming and truvada and stocrin

simply slim (bigarade orange, indian lotus, cassia seed, alisma orientals, L- carnitine and other ingredients, aloe, dietary fibre, starch, evening primrose and dextrose).

It states on the box not suitable for people on chronic medication, must be taken under medical supervision.

What are the drug interactions between simply slim and truvada and stocrin.

Thanks for your help

.c

Hello and thank you for your post.

Your question raises one of the significant unknown issues between the use of antiretroviral medications and combination supplements or herbals. While there are likely few interactions between the tenofovir/FTC (Truvada) and efavirenz (Stocrin, Sustiva) and the carnitine, fiber and dextrose, I can't be as sure about the botanical products.

Further, one should be careful about the use of carnitine and tenofovir -- since both are eliminated by the kidney, there is the potential for additive toxicity, particularly in those who have baseline kidney disease.

In general, I tell my patients that the best dietary supplement for weight reduction is the one that contains whole grains, vegetables and fruits -- with a healthy dose of portion moderation and exercise. This tends to be safer than herbal products -- especially when the potential for interactions with your HIV medications (and other meds) is a possibility.

I hope this helps, be well in the new year.

BY

all of my researce goes against treating hiv
Intelence to the rescue?