|all of my researce goes against treating hiv
Dec 27, 2009
i have been doing quite a bit of researce and all of the stuff i rear says all the hiv med cause AIDS im sure you dont agree with Peter Duesberg but when you can prove that hiv antibodies prove i have a bad virus then i will treat it i know of many people that have been pos for a long time and just change there way of life and i do not believe HIV causes Aids i just tested POS myself but am not worried at all because you still haven't been able to isolate HIV so I guess your sponsered by all theese drug companys and you are convinced that they are good they are POISEN that will kill people
| Response from Dr. Young
I'm very sorry to hear about your recent HIV diagnosis.
Hmmm, I'm not sure where you've been doing your research. It is clear that you have many concerns about the validity of current scientific understanding about HIV and the treatments for HIV/AIDS. Know that while you are entitled to your opinion, it flies in the face of the best medical science and medical opinion from across the world.
You are correct, I don't agree with many of the Duesberg concept- indeed, in my opinion, it was the unbalanced review of his commentary that was directly responsible for the delay in the availability of life saving therapies in the Republic of South Africa.
Here are a few comments to your very lengthy one-sentence query.
1) AIDS existed long before effective treatment for HIV.
2) There are people (long-term non-progressors) who are able to live with HIV without treatment. Their existence is an important scientific observation but doesn't mean that HIV doesn't kill many others.
3) HIV has indeed been isolated and photographed. When persons are exposed to HIV from known, timed occupational exposure, the development of HIV antibodies and the detection of virus in their blood occurs-- precisely in the pattern observed in the general population of HIV+ persons.
4) With regard to sponsorship, you are correct. Some of the work that I do is sponsored by pharmaceutical companies. Much of the sponsorship of TheBody.com comes from the pharmaceutical industry. However, much of my work now is for humanitarian organizations, sponsored by international relief agencies like the Red Cross and Red Crescent. Surely these organizations aren't part of the poison conspiracy that you allege.
5) HIV medications have been shown to prevent HIV transmission to tens of thousands of children worldwide and to decrease the suffering and death of countless individuals in multiple countries and all continents. Perfect, no. Medications infrequently can cause serious side effects; rarely, people can die of such complications. On balance, the advances in HIV science and treatments represent one of the greatest and fastest reversals in the prognosis for millions of persons living with a very serious and often lethal disease. I think that the unbalanced promotion of the idea that such treatments are poison can and does lead people to delay getting care, delay treatment and saddly, in some cases, to advancing disease and death.
My best advice to you is to seek independent opinions (perhaps as you have here)-- from non-governmental, non-medical support groups. Continue to ask questions and seek multiple sources for your answers-- but sources that are learned and credible.
Best wishes for your wellness in the new year, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Mouth After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Use Cipro To Treat A Std?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Rid Of A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.