Taking Atripla too soon...HELP!

I have been taking Atripla now for almost a year. My viral load is undetectable and cd-4 counts are up.

Yesterday, i inadvertenly reached in the medicine cabinet to take my daily multi-vitamin and instead took another dose of atripla (I usually take it at bedtime). Well, more than 12 hours had passed between the two, but i nearly had a minor panic attack. Should i be concerned about taking doses so close together?

Hello and thanks for your post.

A single premature dose won't cause any significant problems (other than the possibility of a short-term increase in efavirenz side effects).

This could be a good time to think about the way that you store your medications -- perhaps there's a better way to label your meds so that this doesn't happen to you in the future.

Be well, BY

PCP Prophylaxis Question
timing of the medication