peripheral neuropathy

been have burning thigling in my hand and foot it come and go not on any hiv meds as of now but will start meds soon. anything a home i can help stop this form happen i will see my dr in 2week should be worry about in a great way or just cool out and want to see my dr in 2 weeks

Response from Dr. McGowan

Hello I am sorry to hear about the burning and tingling you are experiencing in your feet and hands. HIV can cause peripheral neuropathy so this might be related to your HIV infection. Other diseases (e.g. diabetes) can also cause the symptoms you describe. However, I am not saying you have diabetes. Your doctor will have to carefully evaluate you to determine what might be causing your symptoms. As long as the symptoms are not getting worse (spreading further up your arms and legs), you should be OK to wait until you see your doctor.

Can anti-biotic drugs complicate/interfere with HIV medication?
5 year old hiv positive adopted son