Given PEP Need Advice!!!!

I am on Combivir and Keletra as a PEP regimen I am wondering if it is a strong enough regimen or are other drugs better. Also I received the flu shot today will that decrease effectiveness? Does PEP actually work I took it 6 hrs post exposure and I am unsure of the persons hiv status. My condom had a tear at the sperm reservoir tip although my penis was not sticking out I only noticed when I ran it under the tap and the sex lasted may all of 2-3 seconds before I was disinterested. I'm hoping thats not an astonomical risk for HIV the disease is evil and makes me very sad.

Response from Dr. McGowan

This situation has clearly upset you. Please let me provide you with some reassurance. First, you were using condoms which substantially reduces your HIV exposure risk. Second, you were placed on post exposure prophylaxis (or PEP) very promptly (within six hours of the exposure). PEP is most effective if taken as soon as possible after probable exposure to HIV. Third, it is important that you test yourself for HIV. In the long run, this will give you the peace of my mind you need. Fourth, please complete the full course of PEP and see the doctor who placed you on PEP. The regimen you were placed on is perfectly acceptable. Your provider can monitor you for any side effects. The flu vaccine does not interfere with the effectiveness of the PEP regimen you are taking. Good luck, Joe

STARTING MEDS DURING SEROCONVERSION
Early Meds?