wet kiss

Dear Dr, 1 year before i had wet kiss one hiv positive women.after one month i have symptom fever, dry cough. this symptom hiv infected to me?after one year i tested elisa is negative.is reliable elisa test?pls tell me about the wet kiss.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for your question. It is extremely rare to contract HIV in the way you describe. As I recall, there was one case of HIV transmission when both individuals were engaging in deep kissing, had severe gum disease and active gum bleeding and one of the individuals had HIV. Even more reassuring for you is that you had an HIV test and it came back negative. Joe

JOE I TRUST YOU!!!
switching nevirapine with efavirenz after 2 weeks from PEP