Nov 29, 2009
Dear Dr, 1 year before i had wet kiss one hiv positive women.after one month i have symptom fever, dry cough. this symptom hiv infected to me?after one year i tested elisa is negative.is reliable elisa test?pls tell me about the wet kiss.
Response from Dr. McGowan
Thank you for your question. It is extremely rare to contract HIV in the way you describe. As I recall, there was one case of HIV transmission when both individuals were engaging in deep kissing, had severe gum disease and active gum bleeding and one of the individuals had HIV. Even more reassuring for you is that you had an HIV test and it came back negative. Joe
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Skin Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Itchy Red Spots After Kissing Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.