JOE I TRUST YOU!!!

DR JOSEPH,

WILL YOU PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! I HAVE BEEN WORRING MY SELF SICK ABOUT LOW RISK ENCOUNTER THAT I HAD A FEW DAYS AFTER NEW YEARS 2008, WHICH MAKES IT ALMOST A YEAR SINCE THAT ENCOUNTER IT WAS FINGERING WITH WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN PRE CUM BUT NOT SURE..... WHAT WORRIES ME IS FIVE DAYS LATER I GOT AN ISOLATED SORE THROAT THAT LASTED FOR THREE DAY THEN THAT NIHT CAME ON A HEAD ACHE AND FEVER AND CHILLS VERY FLU LIKE WHICH WHENT AWAY OVER NIGHT THEN A REALLY BAD COLD CAME ON BASED OFF WHAT I HAVE READ AND HAVE BEEN TOLD BY HIV DOCTORS ARS WOULD NOT HAPPEN IN THIS FORM DUE TO THE SORE THROAT COMING ON IOSLATED WITH NO FEVER NOR RASH NO MUSCLE ACHES NOR SWOLLEN LYMPH NOISES AND ARS ARE NOT NORMALLY FOLLOWED BE A COLD? SO JUST TO GAVE MY SELF PEACE OF MIND DO YOU AGREE DO MY SYMPTOMS SOUND LIKE ARS TO YOU ?

Response from Dr. McGowan

Thank you for your question. ARS is short for acute retroviral syndrome (or the symptoms associated with acute HIV infection). In those individuals who contract HIV after an exposure to the virus, symptoms typically occur two to four weeks after the exposure. As you have stated: fever, sore throat, a mild rash and swollen glands are among the most common symptoms associated with acute HIV infection. The Centers of Disease Control in the United States suggests that any individual who has been sexually active should have at least one HIV test. This is a so called universal testing strategy. My recommendation to you is that instead of trying to figure out whether your symptoms were consistent with acute HIV infection or ARS, is that you take an HIV test. This will provide you with true peace of mind you refer to in your question.

Thanks Joe

Dr McGowan Please Help Me (I'm so sad)
wet kiss