minimum food requirement for Darunavir absorbsion?

Hi Joe,

Quick question; Usually I have my combination after an evening meal, but sometimes, when I'm out, I grab a packet of crisps (or chips as you Americans say) or maybe a choc bar. Is this adequate? I have been doing so well, and don't want to jepardise my progress with poor absorbtion. Thanks Again. M.

Response from Dr. McGowan

Hello M

Thank you for your question. You are absolutely correct that darunavir should be taken with food to increse its level of absorption. A wide range of meals should do the job adequately. If one looks the prescribing information for the drug in terms of what hsa been studied, the minimum amount of calories is 240Kcal or 12 grams of fat to achieve adequate levels of absorption.

Thanks Joe

tpha possitive
CD4 count falling, but viral load undetectable...what to do?