Doctor prescibed PEP for 21 days

Hi, I was helping someone who had an accident and was bleeding, later I realised that I had a very small cut on my hand and did not want to take any risk so I went to a doctor within 24 hours and prescribed an aspen lamzid for 21 days. I just found out from reading messages on your site that the PEP should be taken for 28 days and tomorrow is the 21 day the last day for my medication. Now I am worried, should I get more to make 28 days?

Hello and thanks for your post.

Standard PEP regimens are for 28 days. There's little data that says specifically that 21 days is less effective, but then, there's little to say that 21 is as good.

If it were my PEP regimen, I'd ask for the last week of treatment.

Best of health to you.

BY

HIV related thrombopenie
Newly diagnosed and viral load too low for genotyping