Nov 16, 2009
dr. ben, i'll do the 3weeks injection last August,2009 and last October 15,2009 i'll do my tpha test but the result still posstive. how many months of effectivity of the injection? thanks roman.
Response from Dr. Young
The TPHA test is an antibody test and will remain positive, perhaps lifelong. This positivity is not an indicator of active syphilis infection.
The fact that you received the three injections means that you have received adequate therapy and should no longer have infection. If you're HIV infected, your doctor will perform an occasional TPHA test to make sure that the antibody titers remain low (an indicator of successful treatment).
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Someone Get Hiv Or Aids If Both Partners Don't Have It?
- How Soon Can U Get Tested For Hiv After Sharing A Needle?
- Neuropathy Pain On Top Of Foot
- What If You Drink And Eat After A Person That Has Hiv And Aids?
- In The Earliest Stage Of Hiv Infection Can Symptoms May Be Mistaken For The Flu
- Are White Feces A Hepatitis Symptom?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.